I have a few minutes so I thought I would pop in and say thank you to all of you for your thoughts and prayers and to answer a few questions.
My mom was not sick. This was totally and completely unexpected. We don't know at this time what she died from. She died almost 5 days before my sister and stepdad had someone break into her house. When I got the call they had just gone in and found her.
They are doing an autopsy but we won't have the results for at least 6-8 weeks.
I am doing okay. I didn't have the greatest relationship with my mom but she is my mom and I love her. I am sad mostly about the way she left the earth and that no one was there with her.
Her funeral is Monday at 2 p.m. so I should be returning home on Tuesday.
My sisters and I have spent the last two days preparing for the funeral and cleaning out my mom's house. That was not a fun job for a lot of reasons. Some are too gruesome to share but let me just say I never want to have to do that again. Thankfully my sister's and I got along beautifully and we handled the situation with great maturity. That is not something many families can say. Death in the family usually brings out the ugly in people. Thankfully it didn't in ours.
I will try to post more later but most likely it won't be until I get home. I thank you so much for your continued prayers. As I read the comments I cried again. That you all are thinking of me means so much.
Friday, February 29, 2008
Update
Posted by
Jodi
at
2/29/2008 10:30:00 PM
Labels: mom
Subscribe to:
Comment Feed (RSS)






















|